Now Hiring: Adult Education Services Coordinator
28 July 2016
The Office of Adult Education in the City of Philadelphia (formerly known as the Mayor’s Commission on Literacy) has created a system that engages all adults in Philadelphia in lifelong learning for their economic success, civic engagement, and personal development. We are looking to hire a part-time Adult Education Services Coordinator to support adult education services in the Paschalville neighborhood of Southwest Philadelphia.
Note: Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
- Contribute to creating guidelines for quality adult education programs
- Provide technical assistance to new and existing community-based adult education programs
- Research best practices in adult education
- Support the myPLACE℠ campus and enrollment sites in Southwest Philadelphia
- Conduct community outreach
- Prepare electronic and print training material
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in social science field
- 2+ years related experience, experience with adult education preferred
- Experience with community outreach and program planning
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and good attention to detail
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and web navigation
- Ability to quickly learn new software
Compensation, Duration and Hours
This is a grant-funded part-time position (20 hours/week) at $25/hr.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Naomie.Nyanungo@Phila.gov by Friday, September 16, 2016. Indicate that you are applying for the Adult Education Services Coordinator position in the subject line of your email.