Do you enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic environment? Under the supervision of a large, national foundation and in partnership with our office, you will help ensure the successful implementation of field operations for an Adult Literacy project in Philadelphia. Your work will support efforts to bring mobile learning tools to as many as 10,000 adults who lack basic English literacy skills. In this capacity, you will provide outreach to the local adult education community through field marketing efforts and special events, help to recruit and coordinate field operations volunteers, assist in the coordination of testing facilities, and track and report on local project progress. This is a contract position running through October 2017.
What you will be doing as a Community Engagement Coordinator:
• Help to identify and recruit at least 100 local organizations (e.g., non-profits, schools, religious organizations) that will assist both with learner recruitment and field operations efforts
• Help to recruit and provide on-going coordination for up to 500 local volunteers
• Ensure local partners receive needed support during field operations
• Ensure full coverage of facilities and equipment for field operations
• Identify and ensure staffing of at least 25 community events and activities to recruit adult learners
• Help track recruitment efforts of up to 10,000 adult learners
You are the perfect person if you:
• You are entrepreneurial, organized, and communicative; you work well with a broad set of stakeholders; and you are goal-oriented
• You can work well independently and with limited supervision; you are productive while working within constraints; and you are comfortable with uncertainty
• You establish and maintain positive and effective working relationship with all levels of professional peers, community members, and volunteers
• You have excellent oral and written communication skills with exceptional grammar proficiency
• Bilingual in Spanish is highly desirable
• Must have an operational laptop/desktop for daily use
• Must be available to work on various evenings or weekends
This opportunity pays between $15-$17/hour for 40 hours per week. If you are a motivated and enthusiastic individual, please apply directly to Anne Gemmell at Anne.Gemmell@phila.gov.
Deadline to apply is March 6, 2017 at 5:00 pm.